- How we’re collecting your personal information.
- We collect your personal information when you: buy a product or service from us, register for a specific product or service, subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us, ask us for more information about a product or service or contact us with a question or complaint, respond to a competition, prize draw or survey, use our network and other MyFi products or services.
- We may also collect information about you from other organisations if this is appropriate, including fraud prevention agencies, business directories and creditreference agencies.
- What personal information we’re collecting.
- The information we collect about you will depend on the MyFi products and services you use and subscribe to. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following: your name, address, phone number, date of birth and email address, credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information, your contact with us, such as: a note or recording of a call you make to one of our contact centres, an email or letter you send to us, and other records of any contact you have with us, your account information, such as: dates of payment owed and received, the subscription services you use and any other information to do with your account.
- We will also collect information about how you use our products and services, such as: the level of service you receive (for example network faults and other network events which may affect our network services), your website browsing information (which includes information about the websites you visit and information about your browsing and how you use our website whether through your mobile or a PC) and the date, time and length of your internet browsing and your approximate location at the time of browsing.
- Using your personal information
- We may use and analyse your information to: process the goods and services that you have bought from us and keep you updated with the progress of your order, keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you indicate you do not want to receive our marketing messages), provide the relevant service or product to you, contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services. bill you for using our products or services or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you, respond to any questions or concerns that you may have about using our network, products or services, protect our network and to manage the volume use of our network (for example, we identify peak periods of use so that we can try and make sure that the network can handle the volume at those times), understand how our different customers use our network, products and services so we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services for our customers, as well as personalise the products and services we offer you, carry out research and statistical analysis and monitor customer use of our network, products and services on an anonymous or personalised basis, and prevent and detect fraud or other crimes and recover debts or trace those who owe us money.
- We will store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there is no legal requirement, we will only store your information for as long as we need it.
- Sharing your personal information
- We may share information about you with partners or agents who are involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered or used, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, business scoring agencies or other credit scoring agencies, debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations or law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to or are authorised to by law.
- We will release information if it is reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property or to protect the interests of our customers.
- If we are reorganised or are sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
- If we have a contract with another organisation to provide a service on our behalf, we will make sure they have appropriate security measures and only process your information as we have authorised. Those organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes. If necessary, our security teams check these organisations to make sure that they are meeting the security requirements we have set.
- Communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
- Your privacy rights
- You can write to us at any time to get a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We will charge you £10 to cover the cost of providing this information.
- If you believe we are holding inaccurate information about you, please contact our customer services team at; firstname.lastname@example.org so we can correct it.